If you are familiar with Michael Carlton of The Denver Post, who once said that "Crested Butte has more fine restaurants per capita than any other town in the U.S." With everything from sushi to French cuisine, gourmet pizza to caribbean jerk sandwiches, chop houses to burritos, homemade rum to specialty coffee, the toughest thing about dining in this quaint mountain town is choosing where to go. Rest assured that wherever you choose or perhaps end up at, you won't be disappointed.
- The Secret Stash ~ 303 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 6245. Voted Crested Butte’s Best Pizza and Wings since 2002, the Stash is a go to spot specialty pizzas, great appetizers and fund kid's food plusa game room for the kids makes this place top rated on most everyone's list.
- The Last Steep ~ 208 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-7007
Offering a huge variety on their menu. Great salads, sandwiches & burgers. The restaurant is small as The Steep is a very popular place, so leave yourself plenty of time for getting a table… it’s worth the wait!
- Montanya Rum ~ 212 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 799-3206. Montanya’s is kown for their house-made rum and the locale is a tasting room treat. They also serve up tasty tidbits & appetizers. Enjoy small plates like the filet mignon tips while you try rum that is distilled upstairs. Montanya’s is a MUST on any trip to Crested Butte.
- Ryce Asian Bistro ~ 120 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-9888.
Riverside dining with overhead "garage-door type" windows that open up and provide a view of the creek and fresh breezes. Featuring a tasteful selection of asian dishes, this bistro along the creek is one to add to your Crested Butte culinary bucket list.
- Camp 4 Coffee ~ 402 1/2 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-2500
With three locations (Crested Butte, Crested Butte South, and Mountaineer Square at Mt. Crested Butte) to serve you, a specialty cup of coffee is only moments away! All of their coffee is hand roasted in small batches right in Crested Butte. You can order your favorite latte, hot chocolate, or spicy chai along with fresh pastries and awesome sandwiches. You can even buy beans to go!
- Teocalli Tamale ~ 311 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-2005
Known for the BEST burritos around!. Yummy steak, chicken & veggie burritos, tacos, quesedillas & other Mexican favorites! Lot of food for the value here!
- Soupcon ~ 127 Elk Ave # A, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-5448
Situated in a back alley, Soupcon is a classy French American restaurant well-known to tourists and locals alike! This tiny upscale restaurant will satisfy any culinary palate. A fantastic wine menu and signature cocktails are also available.
- django’s ~ 620 Gothic Rd, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225 ~ (970) 349-7574
Located in Mt. Crested Butte at the Mountaineer Square, this fun-loving restaurant offers small plates and a great wine selection. Endless small plate selection with sauces, purees and desserts being made in-house. The cocktail, whiskey, beer and wine menu compliments the menu perfectly.
- Third Bowl Ice Cream ~ 201 1/2 Elk Ave, Crested Butte ~ (970) 349-2888
Third bowl is a delectable, unusual, homemade ice cream shop with a rotating menu of fantastic flavors locally made in small batches in Crested Butte.Offering a wide variety of ice cream flavors from chocolate to honey lavender. Third bowl also offers fresh homemade donuts too!
- The Slogar Restaurant ~ 517 2nd St, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-5765
The Slogar Restaurant is known for it's good old fashioned southern cookin' skillet-fried chicken and grilled steak dinners. They’ve been using the same time tested recipes since 1915. All dinners are served family style with all the fixings. Prices are modest and the food is delicious!
- Ginger Cafe ~ 425 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-7291
This Asian/fusion restaurant specializes in Thai and Indian cuisine id located just one block from the 4-way stop in Crested Butte. The staples like pad thai, vegetable curry and friend rice are covered. A variety of soups, sides, salads and fantastic entrees will leave you (and your taste buds) satisfied.
- Marchitelli’s Gourmet Noodle ~ 411 3rd St, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-7401
Marchitelli’s Gourmet Noodle is a classic Italian dining experience located one half block off of Elk Avenue. Classic Italian meat and veggie dishes such as veal or eggplant parmesean from the owner's family recipe combined with the extensive drink menu round out the experience at this local favorite Italian restaurant.
- The Sunflower Deli ~ 214 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-6866
The Sunflower Deli offers coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner. A unique experience in Crested Butte is their communal dining style. Local and organic ingredients produce quality, healthy meals at this unique restaurant & deli.
- Brick Oven Pizzeria and Pub ~ 223 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-5044
Locally known as “The Brick”, this is a local's hot spot during the summer months. Sit outside on the brick patio and not only order pizza, but also wings, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads and lots of vegetarian items along with around 30 beers on tap.
- Avalanche Bar & Grill ~ 15 Emmons Rd, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225 ~ (970) 349-7195
Located between the bus stop and the ski lifts in Mt. Crested Butte, the "Avy" is a sports bar style restaurant that is family friendly with a diverse menu selection from turkey melts to fajitas, there is something for everyone.
- Elk Avenue Prime ~ 226 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-1221
This Elk Avenue steakhouse provides a beautiful setting for a night on the town. Upscale with a meaty menu that includes USDA prime cuts of beef as well as Colorado lamb, buffalo, elk and trout. Reservations are recommended.
- McGill’s at Crested Butte ~ 228 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-5240
Probably one of the busiest breakfast restaurants in town! Sandwiches, soups and salads are offered to hungry lunch-goers who are looking for an affordable and tasty meal. If you are headed in for breakfast or brunch, be sure to get there early or be prepared for a wait.
- Lil’s Sushi Bar & Grill ~ 321 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-5457
A top notch sushi spot, Lil’s restaurant offers fresh, never frozen, quality fish, which is flown in to Crested Butte six days a week. Entrees include filet mignon, colorado lamb chops, rocky mountain trout, miso salmon, a variety of entree salads or monster crab legs. Happy hour nightly from 5:30 to 6:30 with great drink and sushi prices.
- Pitas in Paradise ~ 302 Elk Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-0897
Pitas in Paradise offers a taste of the Mediterranean in a casual atmosphere. You can also get a good ol’ American burger and fries if you prefer. Be sure to top off your meal with a homemade baklava or milkshake.
- The Dogwood Cocktail Cabin ~ 309 3rd Street, Crested Butte, CO 81224 ~ (970) 349-6338
Described as a "swanky cabin", the Dogwood, located in the alley behind the post office, serves upscale cocktails with a twist. They also offer beer, cider and wine selections as well as small plates and desserts.